Day Elleven

May 21, 2021


Today I started working at 8:45 and finished at 3:30. During this time I took the entire bench apart and sanded everything to make sure no one will get splinters. After reassembling, I set the bench on top of some buckets underneath the stand to find the rough height. The reason I did this was to be able to find the length of chain needed to hang the bench at the proper height. After finding the length needed. Greg and I picked up the required chain and hardware to attach the bench to the stand.  After attaching the bench to the stand and testing it out, the swing was perfect and stable if used properly. Taking into account that this swing is at a high school, it is not going to be used properly. Kids will try and see how high they can swing and that could lead to possible tipage. In order to counteract this, I made leg extensions that bolt to the bottom of each leg that widens the footprint, and in turn, adds more stability. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Reflection

Day Ten

Day Seven