Weekly Reflection

 May 23, 2021


This past week I have made lots of progress. I began work on the bench part of the porch swing. I started off by cutting the pieces to their rough length. Then after that I did multiple dry fits to make sure everything will go together properly. Because of the dry fits, I found some issues that may have otherwise gone overlooked. This includes changing the angle of the backrest to make it more comfortable and general changes to make the overall project more structurally sound. After double checking that everything went together properly, I started assembly.  After a couple days of work the bench was finished and ready to get mounted. Greg and I found the ideal height and got lengths of chain and other hardware to attatch the bench to the stand. IT"S COMPLETE!!! Weelllllll, not quite. ALthough it is "finished", there are still a couple of finishing touches that I would like to add such as removing pencil marks, sanding any rough enges, adding grease to the chains to remove the squeak, and any other little details that will improve the quality of the swing and prolong its life for many years to come.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Reflection

Day Ten

Day Seven